Membership of Energy & Utility Skills
Organisational Support: Collaboration and Sharing Best Practice
- Access to strategy and industry network groups that promote best practice and build collaboration to address sector skills needs.
- Access, by invitation, to the employer led Energy & Utilities Skills Partnership.
- Access to advisory groups set up in response to government reforms, e.g. the Apprenticeship & Technical Education Advisory Group, to maximise opportunities.
- Targeted member communications that provide the latest relevant information on skills and sector developments, as well as access to the members area and member LinkedIn group.
Strategic Thought Leadership and Sector Representation
- Collaborative development and implementation of skills strategies to ensure the long-term sustainability of the sector (including the first Energy & Utilities Workforce Renewal and Skills Strategy and subsequent 2020-25 Skills Strategy).
- Inform the development of policy and legislation (work with governments, regulators, trade bodies), including consultation responses.
- Access to UK wide sector intelligence and research interpretation across: education and skills, labour market intelligence, sector productivity, regulation and workforce resilience, focussed on gaining parity across the UK.
- Work in collaboration with key high-profile Skills Partners to deliver activities that showcase and position the energy and utilities sector as a career and partner of choice.
- Provide a strategic sector voice for apprenticeships through consultation with strategic stakeholders.
A Sector Specific Infrastructure for Skills
- Maintenance of National Occupational Standards (NOS), Qualifications and Frameworks to ensure they meet the future needs of employers.
- A rigorous approach in defining, developing, measuring and monitoring competence in the workplace e.g. GCS, CMS and Competent Operator.
- Development and launch of collaborative initiatives through club projects, that target key sector issues such as sector attraction, transferability of skills, and diversity and inclusion.
- Reducing employment costs through removal of duplication of training, development of a more flexible workforce and supporting industry recruitment and re-skilling.
- High quality end point assessment services designed with the support of sector specialists for all specialisms whether niche or volume.
- Access to product/service and partner discounts for key services including a registrations discount.
To find out more about membership please contact 0121 745 1310 or email email@example.com.