What is a Workforce Planning Strategy?
Strategic workforce planning will identify organisational goals and ensure your team is upskilled to reach these goals.
With an ageing workforce and shortages of technical and engineering-related skills in the labour market, forecasting future demand and supply of talent is one of the most critical strategic challenges facing organisations within the energy and utilities sector today. A longer-term, strategic workforce planning consulting approach to talent management is required, to make effective and efficient use of all available talent pools.
Why Energy & Utility Skills?
- Energy & Utility Skills has more than a decade’s experience supporting UK industry in identifying and achieving their workforce planning strategy ambitions – working with both individual companies and sector-wide collaborations. We are specialists in four key areas of strategic workforce planning:
- Workforce planning training and upskilling
- Bespoke strategic workforce planning solutions
- External labour market intelligence
- Benchmarking and collaborative workforce planning.
- Our workforce planning consultant has a unique approach to generating intelligence that can inform your organisation of the likely impacts of both internal and external factors on skills and labour acquisition and retention. Enabling your organisation to be resilient to structural and cultural changes, better positioning itself for the future.
- Our strategic workforce planning consulting includes a range of products and services designed to meet your individual requirements, circumstances, timescales and budget.
- Over the past decade we have supported over 40 energy, utility and infrastructure companies, both within the UK and overseas, with designing and implementing their workforce planning strategy.
Click on the links below to access and download our two free white papers on a ‘more strategic approach to workforce planning’
Organisations that have benefited from our unique approach
“Significant value has been created for our organisation over this eight-year period by getting Energy & Utility Skills involved with National Grid’s price control submission” – National Grid
“The scope and thoroughness of the workforce planning reports we requested from Energy & Utility Skills have impressed far and wide within SGN. Robert Murphy impressed us greatly with his willingness to pull out all the stops to help us achieve deadlines. The entire project exceeded my expectations.” – SGN
“Rob’s insights and experiences were much appreciated and valued. The insight that this has given us to create plans to address our potential workforce gaps will make a big difference to our business.” – Southern Water
“We were able to make a case to double the size of our planned apprentice intake, using the forecasts provided by Energy & Utility Skills” – SSE
“The outcomes are great – exactly what we needed. Our business is in a better place to make informed decisions about our workforce needs. The analysis allows us to future plan and will shift the level of the conversation from tactical to longer term. This has been an amazing piece of work.” – Thames Water
“It was a pleasure to deal with Energy & Utility Skills. Rob Murphy was very easy to work with and the outputs of the team’s work have been thorough and relevant” – Welsh Water
If you are interested in strategic workforce planning and would like to learn more about how we can help your organisation achieve a longer-term, strategic approach to talent management, please complete the short form below. A member of the team will then contact you directly, via the details provided. Alternatively, please call us on: 01217138245.
Find Out More
For further information on how we might be able to support your organisation in developing its strategic workforce planning capabilities: