With the utility sector facing a skills crisis in particular in water, where at the utility level, water companies will need to have replaced their entire workforce by 2024. It is essential to look at encouraging young people to become excited by the water sector as a career; investing in future skills, future talent is critical to ensure that the water sector remains fit for purpose.
The goal of this initiative is to encourage as many schools as possible to think about water, to develop projects and to bring forward new ideas which challenge our current thinking. Working with the National science Council, Engineering UK, Young Water Dragons has been granted one of the special awards categories for the Big Bang National Competition final.
To meet this achievement Future Water Association through Young Water Dragons is bringing together companies and organisations from across the water sector to investment in its future. Your support will allow the Association to:
• Increase the visibility and grow the Young Water Dragons award, making it part of the National STEM Awards programme linked to the Big Bang Fair;
• Support communications to schools to encourage a focus on ‘water projects’
• Bring new skills and people into the water sector
• Enable Future Water Association to develop an engagement plan with schools to inspire the potential entrants
• Work with schools to put water at the top of the careers agenda!
As a Sponsor you will be:
• Investing in the future of the water sector
• Encouraging new talent and people to ‘think water’
• Supporting tomorrow’s water leaders and entrepreneurs
• Linking your company with an initiative targeted at future skills, critical in today’s market
Be part of Shaping the Future of water and support Young Water Dragons – Join those already supporting Young Water Dragons: