Energy & Utility Skills is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Energy & Utility Skills may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can also modify your browser setting to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please complete our Subject Access Request Form. You can also write to us at: Energy & Utility Skills, Friars Gate Two, 1011 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4BN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our Data Protection registration number is Z9092476.
There are seven reasons why we collect personal data:
- Staff Administration. (Appointments or removals, pay, discipline, superannuation, work management or other personnel matters in relation to the staff of the data controller).
- Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations. (Advertising or marketing the business of the data controller, activity, goods or services and promoting public relations in connection with that business or activity, or those goods or services).
- Accounts & Records. (Keeping accounts related to any business or other activity carried out by the data controller; or deciding whether to accept any person as a customer or supplier; or keeping records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided by him or to him in respect of those transactions; or for the purpose of making financial or management forecasts to assist him in the conduct of any such business or activity).
- Education. (The provision of education or training as a primary function or as a business activity).
- Consultancy and Advisory Services. (Giving advice or rendering professional services. The provision of services of an advisory, consultancy or intermediary nature).
- Administration of Membership Records. (The administration of membership records).
- Information and Databank Administration. (Maintenance of information or databanks as a reference tool or general resource. This includes catalogues, lists, directories and bibliographic databases).
Find Out More
For more information on Data Protection, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office online.
If you would like to talk to us about our services, please contact us on 0845 077 99 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.