About the Awards and Evening
The People in Power Awards, which took place on Thursday 12 September 2019 at The Mere Hotel, highlight, celebrate and inform others of the breadth of talent that exists within the power sector.
This year’s awards were hosted by comedian, actress and motivational speaker Francesca Martinez. Francesca has toured internationally with her comedy and has appeared in numerous shows including BBC2’s Extras and Live At The Apollo. A regular commentator on TV and radio, Francesca delivers motivational and entertaining speeches across the globe.
Employers, training providers and key stakeholders from across the industry were given the opportunity to vote for talent and outstanding achievement across six categories, with a total of eight awards handed out on the night.
Award Winners & Finalists
Rising Star award (Apprentice), sponsored by Northern Powergrid
- Morna Grant, SSE
- WINNER: Daisy MacDonald, National Grid
- Tom O’Callaghan, SP Energy Networks
Rising Star award (Graduate), sponsored by Northern Powergrid
- WINNER: David Devoy, National Grid
- Fraser MacMillan, National Grid ESO
Inspirational Leader award
- Emma Bacon, National Grid
- WINNER: Mick Murray, Morrison Utility Services
Outstanding Contribution to Health, Safety and the Environment award, sponsored by UK Power Networks
- WINNER: Richard Gough, SSEN
- Morrison Utility Services SHEQ Team, Morrison Utility Services
Inclusion award, sponsored by SSE
- WINNER: Inclusive Culture Initiative, E.ON UK
- Women Returnship Programme, ScottishPower
Best Learning and Development Initiative award, sponsored by Energy UK
- WINNER: Electricity North West Apprenticeship Scheme, Electricity North West
- Learning & Assessment Portal: BookIt, Develop Training & tRIIO
Training Provider award (Company), sponsored by ScottishPower
- Avonside Safety Management Ltd.
- WINNER: Skills 4 Ltd.
Training Provider award (In-house Team), sponsored by ScottishPower
- National Grid Internal Electricity Training Delivery Team, National Grid
- WINNER: UK Power Networks, UK Power Networks
Find out more
For more information about the People in Power Awards 2019, please call us on 0845 077 99 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.