Our work covers all areas of the gas industry, starting with those who generate, transport and distribute the gas through to those working with the customer on the installation and utilisation end. The gas industry currently employs around 184,100 people, all of whom benefit from our hard work in skills and government as well as our extra products and services.
Gas Distribution Networks
We work in collaboration with Gas Distribution Networks to help employers in the Gas industry attract, develop and maintain a sustainable, skilled workforce through our specialist services.
For information on our services for the Gas industry, click on the links below:
- Gas Network Skills Forum
- Gas Schemes
- National Occupational Standards
- Apprenticeship Frameworks
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Source Network
- Energy & Utility Skills Register
Standards Setting Body
Energy & Utility Skills facilitates and manages the standards-setting process to enable individuals to register with the Gas Safe Register, on behalf of the downstream gas industry.
For information on the Standard Setting Body services, click on the links below.
- Strategic Management Board
- Standards Consultation Forum
- Gas Industry Liaison Group
- Matters of Gas Safety Criteria
- Standards of Training in Gas Work
- Gas ACS Centre Directory
- Gas ACS Status Definitions
- Operational Requirements Document 2017
- Qualification List for Entry to ACS Assessment Categories
- UK Qualifications and Certification Schemes Known Not to be Suitable for Accessing ACS Assessments
For more information about the industry standards, our products and services or to get involved with the standards-setting body, get in touch with Ian Moss, Client Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.