This webinar series aims to progress the priorities of the Workforce Renewal and Skills Strategy, offer practical advice and sharing best practice with employers on several themes from Black Lives Matter and Race Conversations at Work, to developing an Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Strategy.
The webinars are open to Diversity & Inclusion Leads/Allies, HR/Recruitment Professionals and wider sector colleagues looking for practical ways to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce within their organisation.
At present the sector is not representative of the communities it serves;
- Energy & Utilities workforce diversity and inclusion levels for the sector continue to be below the UK averages for gender, BAME and disability
- Levels of women leaving engineering is 57% by the age of 45, estimated to be higher in the Energy & Utilities sector
- 277,000 new vacancies will need to be filled over the next 10 years
Energy & Utilities Inclusion Commitment and Skills Renewal Strategy 2020-25 priorities:
- Inclusive approach to employing, developing and progressing diverse talent
- Widening the talent pool to ensure that sector employers can reach a diverse range of people for different types of roles
- Ensuring our sector is fulfilling its social mission in unifying communities and bringing together people of different backgrounds, ages, gender and ethnicities etc.
- Creating inclusive cultures
- Measure and be transparent about progress as individual organisations and as a sector
- Demonstrable links to Apprenticeship Pledge
To download an overview the Programme of Supporting Activities please click here.
All our webinars are recorded and can be accessed after the session. Click on the relevant link below to hear the session.
- Engineering a Winning Workforce: Engaging the Majority
- Black Lives Matter
- Improving EDI Data Visibility
- Overarching EDI Strategy
- Empowering Leaders
- Optimising Recruitment Processes
- Attracting Diverse Talent
- Retaining Diverse Talent
- Progression and Promotion
- Data Collection Walkthrough
- Becoming a Disability Confident Sector
- Inclusive Selection – A best practice session
Find Out More