What Is It?
The Procurement Skills Accord is an initiative to promote investment in training and skills development through procurement practices.
Developed and led by the Energy & Utilities Skills Partnership, the aim of the Accord is to create a sustainably skilled sector workforce, by recognising those who invest in skills through procurement processes and rewarding suppliers in doing so. A skilled and sustainable workforce is vital to address industry risks, such as an ageing workforce and adjacent sector attraction, whilst our infrastructure projects are reliant on having the right technical skills at the right time.
The Accord can help address these needs:
- Provides key metrics on skills development to enable supply chain collaboration
- Drives investment in skills development through procurement
- Raises the standard of technical capability and capacity development to build sustainability
The Five Commitments
The Procurement Skills Accord has five robust and challenging commitments that require signatory companies to ensure that responsible procurement practices are used to drive investment in skills development.
Not all of the 5 Commitments are applicable to everyone, and this will depend on your organisation type:
Partner – Typically Asset Owners and Tier 1 organisations, who have a substantial technical labour-based supply chain in the energy and utility sector
Supplier – Typically Tier 2 organisations, who don’t have a technical labour-based supply chain in the energy and utility sector
|The 5 Commitments||Partner||Supplier|
|COMMITMENT 1: To address sector-wide skills gaps and shortages. Contribute to 12.5% sector target, based on company’s training and skills development requirements.|
|COMMITMENT 2: To promote signing up to the Accord through the supply chain. Engage with and encourage suppliers, clients or peers to become signatories and provide support where required.|
|COMMITMENT 3: To promote relevant skills development across the supply chain through procurement. Develop and deliver responsible procurement practices through supply chain on skills delivery|
|COMMITMENT 4: To continuously improve performance. Continuous improvement of signatories’ sustainable procurement and workforce development practices|
|COMMITMENT 5: To monitor and report. Annual review and reporting of company and sector performance|
Who Is It For?
UK-based companies with employees involved in operational and technical activities within the energy and utility sector.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain insight of how suppliers support a sustainably skilled workforce through supplier reporting. For Suppliers, demonstrate to new and prospective clients your workforce resilience and commitment to a skilled and sustainable workforce
- Understand common challenges and collaborate to develop solutions
- Mitigate against project failure and additional costs by embedding skills development in procurement processes
- Drive time and cost efficiencies in procurement, by recognising those who invest in skills
- Reduce risk of project failure by strengthening supply chain competency and capability
- Align your values with your supply chain to work towards a common goal of sustainable skills
- Benchmark your own company performance against the Compliance Criteria and industry best practice
- Inclusion in relevant Procurement Skills Accord marketing/PR campaigns
- Network and collaborate with other signatories via workshops on common sector issues
- Invitation to the annual Best Practice & Award event, which celebrates the achievements of signatories, as well as honours the organisations who successfully achieve the PSA Award. Watch last year’s Award Ceremony below, which celebrated the 46 signatories which achieved the coveted Procurement Skills Accord Award
How To Sign Up
Organisations sign up on an annual basis between 01 April and 30 March each year to become a signatory to the Procurement Skills Accord.
Registrations are now open for the April 2021-March 2022 Procurement Skills Accord. Follow the below steps to sign up:
- Complete the relevant application form and submit, along with a PO number for the annual fee, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms and the annual fee’s can be found here.
- Once received, you will:
- Receive access to our exclusive Signatory Area which holds our supporting documentation, guidance and webinars, which range from providing guidance on the Procurement Skills Accord, the Annual Review process and Continuous Improvement.
- Receive invites to any Procurement Skills Accord upcoming events/webinars, including our Annual Best Practice & Award Event (held May/June each year).
- Have your company name added to our Signatory List, demonstrating your commitment to supporting and working towards a sustainable workforce in the energy and utility sector.
The window to sign up in 2021/22 closes 30 September 2021.
Procurement Skills Accord Flyer
To read more about the Procurement Skills Accord, please download our flyer.
Procurement Skills Accord Signatory Area
To sign in to the Signatory Area and access exclusive documents, click here.
Find Out More
For more information on the Procurement Skills Accord and how it can benefit your organisation, please contact email@example.com