To ensure the energy and utilities sector have a skilled, knowledgeable and qualified workforce, Energy & Utility Skills is facilitating a review of a series of National Occupational Standards (NOS), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) and Modern Apprenticeships (MA).
Employers, training providers and professional bodies are invited to be involved in the next stage of the review via an online consultation by completing the online survey (click on the links below):
- Confined Spaces NOS (Open until 5PM Monday 16 December)
- Non-residential Downstream Gas Utilisation NOS (Open until 5PM Monday 16 December)
- LPG Installation and Maintenance NOS (Open until 5PM Monday 16 December)
- Waste Operations at SCQF Level 5 and Waste Supervisory SVQs at SCQF Level 6 (Open until midday Friday 6 December)
- Water Industries MA SCQF Level 5 and Level 6 (Open until midday Friday 6 December)
- Power Engineering Qualification at SCQF Level 5 (Open until Friday 13 December)
We have consulted with professionals across the nations about the competencies, skills and knowledge that are needed to work in these areas, and we have updated the existing NOS, Qualifications and Modern Apprenticeship Frameworks to reflect what is currently expected of employees.
To ensure that the updated suite of standards captures what currently is considered best practice in the sector, we encourage professionals to participate in the online consultation which will be available until the dates indicated above.
Please share this link with anyone who might want to participate in the consultation.
Our Standards and Qualification Review Privacy Notice sets out how Energy & Utility Skills uses and protects any information you give us as part of the consultation.
Find Out More
For more information about our programme of NOS, Qualification and Apprenticeship Framework reviews, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.