To embed the Procurement Skills Accord requires companies to complete the following 4 stage process:
- Sign Up
Register and pay for each year of the Procurement Skills Accord (April-March). Signatories will need to assign a lead representative from the procurement and L&D area of the company and understand the commitment requirements.
- Embed the Commitments
Signatories will fulfil the commitments by:
- Commitment 1 – Understanding and applying the Training Eligibility Criteria (TEC), to ensure skills shortages areas are targeted and a training target is set.
- Commitment 2 – Where relevant, onboarding suppliers and help them to embed the commitments themselves.
- Commitment 3 – Where relevant, embedding skills development into your procurement processes.
- Commitment 4 – Having in place continuous improvement plans for their own sustainable workforce practices and that of their suppliers (if applicable).
- Complete the Annual Review (Commitment 5)
Signatories will complete the Annual Review to assess compliance against all commitments relevant to their organisation. This involves completing a Quantitative Assessment and Compliance Questionnaire.
- Assessment and Award
Signatories will receive an Annual Company Report, which will include whether they have MET, or are WORKING TOWARDS the award, along with recommendations on ways they are able to improve and enhance their procurement processes to drive skills development through the supply chain.
All signatory companies will be invited to attend a Best Practice and Award Event in May, and those who have MET the award and the relevant commitments to their organisation will be presented with Procurement Skills Accord Award at the Best Practice event
The Procurement Skills Accord Logo
The Procurement Skills Accord Logo for 2017/18 acknowledges the hard work and commitment a company has made to achieving the Procurement Skills Accord Award in the reporting year 2017/18. Companies who achieved the award have met all the relevant criteria of the Accord by promoting the sustained investment in the technical and operational skills the sector needs most via their procurement practices (where applicable).
To read more about the Procurement Skills Accord, please download our brochure.
Find Out More
Become a signatory today. For more information on the Procurement Skills Accord and how it can benefit your organisation, please contact Rebecca Clay by emailing email@example.com