What We Do
With access to all of the UK’s leading skills, employment and population datasets, as well as significant skills policy expertise, we can provide you with up-to-date, detailed analysis and advice on the state of skills and employment in your sector, region or nation.
We cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Investigations into specific skills/talent shortages within a particular sector or geographic area (local, regional, national, international)
- Providing the latest information on skills policies around the UK, including the apprenticeship levy
- Assessing the supply of relevant talent emerging from schools, colleges and universities
In recent years we have:
- Provided policy analysis and review papers on a range of relevant topics
- Given evidence to the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) on skills shortages affecting the electricity sector, resulting in 12 occupations being placed on the UK’s Shortage Occupation List
- Partnered with Oxera and the Rail Skills Strategy Board to provide skills intelligence and labour modelling expertise relating to the economic impact of a potential rail Centre of Excellence
- Supplied Skills Development Scotland with in-depth analysis of the current and future demand for skills and labour across Scotland’s renewables and power grid sectors, resulting in an updated Energy Skills Investment Plan
- Supported Tribal Group to deliver a pilot Labour Market Observatory in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Conducted an in-depth review of the skills required to deliver Scotland’s Smart Grids strategy (commissioned by Scottish Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland and the Energy Skills Partnership)
- Contributed the skills and market intelligence needed to underpin the Energy and Utilities Workforce Renewal and Skills Strategy: 2020
Find Out More
If you would like to talk to us about our services and work, please contact us on 0845 077 99 22 or email email@example.com.